IDC Electrical Connectors
Scotchlok insulation displacement connector (IDC) are easy to use and can save time during installation. Just Insert the wires and squeeze to close - no stripping or twisting required. The unique "U" contact provides a
dependable electrical connection.
314 - Moisture resistant pigtail seal, flame retardant end-stop
557 - Dual element connection, flame retardant end-stop
558 - Dual element connection and carry through, flame retardant
560 - Single element connection and carry through, flame retardant
- Scotchlok IDC can meet a variety of uses, including:
- Fluorescent ballast connection
- LED power supply connection
- Installation and replacement
- Fixture and appliance wiring
- Automotive and marine wiring
- Control circuit wiring
- Place unstripped run wire inside run channel.
- Insert unstripped tap wire completely.
- Hold tool perpendicular to the wire and make the connection by crimping the u–contact down flush with the top of the plastic insulator.
- Close hinged top cover until latched.