RP45 and RP16 VHB Tape
VHB Tapes are high-strength, double-sided bonding tapes and a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other mechanical fasteners. Unlike screws or rivets which join materials at a single point high-strength bonding tape permanently adheres one substrate to another while spreading the stress load across the entire length of the joint. Once materials are joined with VHB a virtually indestructible bond is created. The multi-purpose acrylic adhesive bonds to a wide range of materials including metals, glass, and high and medium surface energy plastics and paints. It also resists the migration of plasticizers in vinyl substrates.
RP16 VHB tape is a 0.016 mm (0.4 in) thick, multi-purpose acrylic adhesive with a conformable foam core with a paper liner.
RP45F VHB tape is a 0.045" (1.1 mm) thick, conformable, double-sided, pressure-sensitve, closed-cell acrylic foam tape with a polyethylene red liner.
View the detailed selection guide for RP45 applications
InformationProduct Bulletin VHB Surface Preparation 3M VHB Tape - Bowling Ball Demonstration 3M Adhesive & Tape Design Guide 3M Website
- Adhesive Multi-Purpose Acrylic
- Durability for long-term performance indoors and out
- Productivity through application ease and versatility
- Instant high strength bonding with a smooth, invisible appearance
- Viscoelastic properties absorb shock and distribute stress evenly over the bond line
- Bond dissimilar materials with confidence
- General industrial and transportation usage
- Bonding, attaching and mounting a variety of substrates including many metal, plastic and painted materials
- Bonds to a wide variety of surfaces, including:
- Polycarbonate (such as Lexan)
- Acrylic (such as Plexiglas)
- PVC (such as Sintra)
- Flexible PVC (such as banner materials)
- All acrylic construction
- Sealed wood
- Painted surfaces