Metamark Silver Etch, Wet Apply Window Film
Metamark Silver Etch Wet Apply is a 2.76mil polymeric calendared etch film with silver sparkles. This self-adhesive etched glass window film is digitally printable and provides a striking effect when producing decals, printed graphics or architectural effects when covering complete areas of glass. Silver Etch is particularly suitable for decals where a higher level of opacity is required (56% light transmission). Fire Rated Class B.
Compatible with solvent, eco-solvent, latex and UV-cure inks.
Note: this is a WET APPLY product. For long term installations, edge sealing is recommended.
- Durability 7 years in vertical exposure under Northern European conditions
- Silver Etch is suitable for decals where a higher level of opacity is required
- Can be applied both indoor and outdoor
- Offers 56% light transmission
- Once applied the printed areas produce higher visual impact than a print on clear film
- Compatible with eco-solvent, solvent, latex and UV-cure printers
- Fire Rating: Class B - classification compliant with BS EN 13501-1:2007
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before printing
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it free from dust and static
- Suitable for use on solvent, eco-solvent, latex and UV-cure printers
- The product may be printed in the correct orientation or reversed, showing the image through the glass
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used
- For print and cut applications it is advisable to allow a border around the print
- Wet apply
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print or application, this is usually 24-48 hours
- Ensure the glass is clean from grease and dirt. Do not use silicon based cleaning products
- Glass or acrylic application temperature +5C to +60C with a service temperature of -30C to +110C
- For computer-cut etched glass effect graphics, and window manifestation.
- Resistant to mineral oils, fats and fuels, aliphatic solvents, mild acids, salt and alkali for e.g. diesel oil, gasoline, paraffin, hydraulic oil, antifreeze, soap suds etc.