Isopropyl alcohol dissolves a wide range of non-polar compounds. It also evaporates quickly, leaves nearly zero oil traces and is relatively non-toxic compared to alternative solvents. It is used widely as a cleaning fluid, especially for dissolving oils.
Available in 70% or 99% refer to Features & Benefits for product differences.
99% Isopropyl Alcohol Benefits
- More flammable
- Faster, better drying agent
- Evaporation will not change alcohol percentage level
- Lower water content and faster drying kinder to items prone to water damage
- Stronger odor
70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Equally effective or more as an antiseptic
- Less expensive
- Safer flammability level
- Alcohol % levels will erode if left uncapped
- Widely as a cleaning fluid, especially for dissolving oils
- Can be mixed with water to create a rigid substrae cleaner
- Cleans printheads